The security and confidentiality of your information is very important to us.
Businesses that perform accounting and financial services must handle sensitive information about companies and individuals. The information may include banking access credentials, social security numbers, tax ids, income amounts, names and birthdates of family members and other private data that’s required on federal and state tax forms.
Any service provider handling such information should be able to provide details on how they handle your information both in paper and electronic format. Our systems and processes have been designed from the ground up to secure client data at all times while in transit or at rest.
Security, Encryption and Document Retention
We use physical, procedural and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your information. Some of the measures we take include:
- All company computers are endpoint encrypted and utilize top-rated business anti-malware, anti-virus and anti-phishing software. Company computers are used exclusively for business purposes and exist on segmented, firewalled networks.
- All customer data is stored in secure SSAE 16 (formerly SAS 70) and SOC 2 audited data centers using 256-bit SSL encryption.
- All data is encrypted in transit from the client to our firm and back. We ask clients to not send us data via unprotected mediums such as E-mail.
- We utilize multi-factor authentication, strong encryption and internal controls to safeguard passwords and account information.
- We regularly backup all data under our direct control using redundant, encrypted backup systems.
- All paper records or reports that we receive are digitized and shredded within 48 business hours using Level P-4 of the DIN 66399 standard for destroying documents with sensitive information.
We track the flow of any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) across networks to ensure that details about businesses and individuals are protected to safeguard against identity theft. The data included in a typical tax return can be extremely sensitive, including social security numbers, names and addresses of family members, income data and brokerage information. The security of this data is among our top concerns.
We do not share or sell client information with other businesses or organizations under any circumstances, except when directed to do so by a client for business purposes.
We place a premium on data security that is often missing from other accounting organizations. If you have any questions about our processes or controls, please feel free to contact us.